If you have a real wedding, styled shoot, article or other content you feel would be a good fit for The Wedding Community we’d love to hear from you, but before submitting a feature please read the specific guidelines for the different feature types below.
We aim to respond to feature requests within five working days, but we cannot guarantee that all requests will be featured.
Please email all feature enquiries to email@example.com…
REAL WEDDINGS & SHOOTS
- Pictures: Around 20 images which give a good flavour of the styling/concept/overall vibe. You can either attach low-res files to your email or share a link to a file sharing service such as Dropbox. If the feature has already been published elsewhere you can just include a link to the feature rather than sending images if your prefer.
- Info: A little background to the wedding or shoot, such as the location, theme etc.
- Photographer’s Details: Their name, company name, website/blog and email address (if known).
Please make sure…
- Copyright: If you do not own the copyright to the pictures you must have the photographer/copyright owner’s permission for the images to be published on The Wedding Community.
- Exclusivity Periods: We do not ask for exclusivity for the real weddings and shoots we publish, but some sites do. Please make sure that any feature you submit to The Wedding Community is not still within an exclusivity period with another publisher.
- Happy Couple: If you are submitting a real wedding or engagement shoot we will need the couple to provide additional details, so please make sure they are happy to share their day with us.
PICTURE OF THE DAY
If you are a wedding photographer and would like to take part in our Picture of the Day feature please email us up to five wedding related pictures for consideration. Please note that we only accept submissions sent to us by the photographer who took the picture – we cannot accept submissions from couples, wedding venues etc.
- Format: The images must be jpeg or png format and at least 1080px wide.
- Watermarks/Logos: We prefer to use unwatermarked images, but if you like to include your company name or logo on your images please ensure this is as inconspicuous as possible.
- Your Details: Please include your business name and links to your website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages (if applicable).
If you would like to write an article for our Wedding Tips and Advice section please contact us to let us know the subject/s you’d like to write about first. Please note that guest articles must follow these guidelines…
- Impartial: Articles must be impartial and not written for the purpose of promoting a company, product or service.
- Unique Content: The content must be unique and written from scratch. We do not accept articles which have been published on other sites or articles adapted/reworded from previously published content.
- Word Count: Articles must be at least 400 words long.
- Images: Any images you would like to include within your article must be of professional quality and, if required, you must also ensure that you have the permission of the copyright holders for the images to be used in the article.
- Previous Work: If you’ve had articles published on other websites which give an example of your work then please include links to these within your email.
- Links: We will not publish any articles that have been written for the purpose of link building. All articles include a credit to the author, with the author/company’s name used as the anchor text, but any links included within an article will be reviewed for their relevance and we may edit or remove links without notice before publishing.